In accordance with the House of Bishops’ Policy Statements Promoting a Safer Church (2017) and Protecting All God’s Children (2010), and the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy Promoting a Safer Diocese (2018), St Peter's Parochial Church Council has committed to:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture.
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Any concerns about safeguarding should be shared in the first instance with the VICAR or with Jackie Hall, St Peter's SAFEGUARDING OFFICER. The church wardens, Richard Woods and Jane Fryer, can also be contacted via the PARISH OFFICE.
If you are not able to contact anybody in St Peter's, or your concern relates to one of the church leaders, the DIOCESAN SAFEGUARDING TEAM should be contacted directly.
If the situation is an emergency, or a child or adult is in immediate danger, the matter should reported immediately to the police and/or social services.
London Diocesan Safeguarding: call 02079321224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Authority Children's Services/Social Care: call 0208 753 6600 or email Familyservices@lbhf.gov.uk
Local Authority out of hours emergency social care duty team: call 020 8748 8588
Childline: call 0800 1111 (https://www.childline.org.uk)
Thirtyone:eight (formerly Churches Child Protection Advisory Service): 24 hour helpline 0303 003 11 11
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 24 hour helpline 0808 2000 247 (http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk)