In accordance with the House of Bishops’ Policy Statements Promoting a Safer Church (2017) and Protecting All God’s Children (2010), and the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy Promoting a Safer Diocese (2018), St Peter's church is committed to:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture.
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Any concerns about safeguarding should be shared in the first instance with the VICAR or with St Peter's SAFEGUARDING OFFICER. If neither are available, the DIOCESAN SAFEGUARDING TEAM should be contacted.
If the situation is an emergency, or a child or adult is in immediate danger, the matter should reported immediately to the police and/or social services.
London Diocesan Safeguarding: 02079321224; firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Authority Children's Services/Social Care: 0208 753 6600; Familyservices@lbhf.gov.uk
Local Authority out of hours emergency social care duty team: 020 8748 8588
Childline: 0800 1111
Thirtyone:eight (formerly Churches Child Protection Advisory Service) 24 helpline: 0303 003 11 11