Christmas Present Tree
As we have done in previous years, we will be collecting donations of new Christmas presents for local children in need in the run-up to Christmas. It’s a great thing to do with your own children, to help them to remember those who are less fortunate!
So you can take a tag from the Christmas tree in church, with details of who the present is for (toddler/young child/teenager, boy/girl), and then return to church with a wrapped present with tag attache by SUNDAY 12TH DECEMBER.
The presents this year will be given to THE TOY PROJECT, who distribute them to families in need through school referrals, community workers, social workers, doctors etc.
Suggested presents (if you need ideas!):
- Infants- Blankets, Sleepers, Nappy Bags
- 1 year old- Cloth Books, First 100 Words, Touch and Feel books, Stack and Explore Blocks, Plush Toys
- 2 year old- Pretend and Play toys, musical toys, Learning books, art and craft (crayons), Shape Sorters, Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig
- 3-5 year olds- Disney toys, Abacus, Letters, Play sets, Dolls, Push and Pull toys, Learning Activity Desk, Action Figures, Board Games (Snakes and Ladder, Ludo), Puzzles, Play Dough, Kinetic Sand
- 6-12 year olds- STEM toys, Legos, Outdoor Activities (Jump Rope, Skateboard, Football), Arts and Crafts, Novels, Board Games (Connect Four, Monopoly, etc), Slime
- 12-15 year olds- DIY Kits (beaded bracelets, soap making, robot), board games, sports equipment (jerseys, football kits, basketball, crafting and art supplies (quilting, origami), Wireless Bluetooth karoke mic, earbuds/ headphones
- 16-18 year olds- Selfie sticks, Hair Appliances, Ring lights Earbuds/Headphones, Stocking stuffers (cosmetics, makeup brushes, toiletries, shaving kits), Board Games (What do you meme? Taboo), Charging stations, Vanity Mirrors, Bluetooth speakers